Seminar on Women in Architecture International Women’s Day 8 March 2021
The research project WOMEN IN DANISH ARCHITECTURE 1925-75 invites you to listen in when six researchers from Denmark and abroad share stories about women who, by working together, have contributed to changing and developing architecture and the design disciplines.
Although these women have played or still play an important role in countries like Denmark, USA, the UK and Lebanon, little is known about their contributions.
This event celebrates architecture as a diverse practice, shaped by collaborations and care for other people as much as the world around us.
- Nayla M. Al-Akl, American University of Beirut
- Jannie Rosenberg Bendsen, University of Copenhagen (WIDA)
- Luca Csepely-Knorr, Manchester School of Architecture
- Sonja Dümpelmann, University of Pennsylvania
- Lea Lewitan, Co-Founder of Urban Femina
- Svava Riesto, University of Copenhagen (WIDA)
Event moderator: Henriette Steiner, University of Copenhagen (WIDA).
Vera Noldus, Head of Projects at the philanthropic association Realdania will open the event.
Want to know more about our research? Visit www.womenindanisharchitecture.dk/?lang=en
We wish to thank the philanthropic association Realdania, The Independent Research Fund Denmark, The National Building Foundation, Dreyers Fund, Boyes Fond.